- Mature green banana:2-3 weeks at 15-20C, 90-95% Relative Humidity.
- Ripe banana:5-10 days at 15-20C,90-95% Relative Humidity depending on cultivar and maturity stage.
Quality and Maturity :
- Have Bright yellow skin; yellowish white flesh
- Taste : sweet and fragrance
- Shape : long. thick skin, approximately 150 g/fruit
- Whole firm
- fresh in appearance, not affected by rotting
- clean, practically free of any visible foreign matter
- practically free of any conspicuous bruises
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Use a knife to cut off one end of banana from its bunch
- Pell the remaining part of the banana
- Discard the skin
- Eaten fresh, added in fruit salad and desserts, made pies, cakes and blender drinks.
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box
Tray – prepared