- 2-4 weeks at 7-13C, 85-90% Relative Humidity.
Quality and Maturity :
- Whole, with or without the crown and the fruit stem;
- Fresh in appearance, including the crown, when present, which should be free of dead or dried leaves
- Free of bruises, sunburn, hardened flesh, and rotting or deterioration such as to make it unfit for consumption
- Clean, practically free of any visible foreign matter
- Free of pronounced blemishes
- Free of any foreign smell and/or taste
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Remove the rind with a knife and make sure to cut off the enough skin to got the eyes.
- Slice the fruit lenghtwise into 8-10 pieces.
- Remove the core.
- Cut up the pieces crosswise and arrange them on a plate.
- Eaten fresh ,added in fruit salad, made jam and juice, green salad, Thai cuisine and deserts and canned pineapple.
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box