- 2-3 weeks at 18C, 90% Relative Humidity
Quality and Maturity :
- Have creamy yellow skin; smoky white flesh with bitter seeds, sweet with slightly sour taste.
- fruit skin bears uniform yellow color, no green color blending
- fruit at the distal end of the bunch is slightly yielding to the touch
- pedicel intact
- sound, produce affected by rotting or deterioration such as to make it unfit for consumption is excluded
- clean and practically free from visible foreign matter
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Press Lightly with your fingers to break and open the skin at the stalk point.
- Separate the fruit in half.
- Take the flesh out.
- Do not bite the seed because it is bitter.
- Eaten fresh
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box
Tray – prepared