- 3-5 weeks at 2-5C, 90-95% Relative Humidity.
- Do not leave the fruit directly expressed to ambient air because the red rind will turn dark brown rapidly.
Quality and Maturity :
- Have bright red skin; white flesh, sweet, slightly sour, and fragrant taste
- whole pod with peduncle intact, peduncle not longer than 0.5 cm
- clean and practically free of any visible foreign matter
- free of cracked pod
- practically free of damage caused by pest affecting pulp quality
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Slit the with a knife or using strong thumb-nail around the fruit from end to end.
- Remove the skin.
- Remove the seed.
- Eaten fresh and frozen, made juice, added in desserts and canned lichi.
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box
Tray – prepared