- 1-2 weeks at 12-14 C,90-95% Relative Humidity
Quality and Maturity :
- Have a shiny and pale green, dark red skin; white thick firm and crispy flesh
- Have a taste : sweet with a touch of flavor
- Green type have a cone shape , and Red type have a big bell shape
- Whole fresh
- free of bruising that may make it unfit for consumption, and free of deterioration in quality, or rotting
- free of crack
- clean and practically free of any visible foreign matter
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Cut the fruit in half lengthwise.
- Slice each half lengthwise into two pieces.
- Arrange the pieces on a plate.
- Eaten fresh, added in fruit salad, green salad.
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box
2 – 8 trays
Tray – prepared