- It is recommended to kept the fruit in plastics bag at the ambient temperature
- Dry ripe pod: 4 months
- Dry ripe pulp: 3 months
Quality and Maturity :
- Have brown shell; soft amd reddish broen flesh, sweet taste, long and curve pod for shape.
- whole pod with peduncle intact, peduncle not longer than 0.5 cm
- clean and practically free of any visible foreign matter
- free of cracked pod
- practically free of damage caused by pest affecting pulp quality
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Pick up a sweet tamarind pod.
- Crack the pod and remove the shell.
- Remove lateral vein fiber from the flesh.
- Arrange all sweet tamarind flesh on a plate.
- Beware seeds.
- Eaten fresh
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box