- Wrapped :3-4 weeks at 3-6C, 90-95% Relative Humidity –
- Non wrapped :2-7 days at ambient temperature
Quality and Maturity :
- Have white flesh tender and sweet flesh; sweet and scented water.
- The outer shell is white to light brown.
- Fresh with proper harvesting maturity
- Clean, practically free of any visible foreign matter
- The visible bruising or defects on the external surface must not affect the internal quality
- Free of any foreign smell and/or abnormal taste
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Pare the outer rind from the bottom of the coconut (opposite the stalk).
- Cut the bottom of the fruit wide enough for a spoon to scrape the flesh inside.
- Drink the juice with a straw and eat the flesh with a spoon.
- Eaten fresh (Water and white flesh), made pie, jelly and desserts.
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box