Carambola (Star Fruit)
- 6-7 days at ambient temperature
Quality and Maturity :
- Have smooth shiny light green or yellowish orange rind mild yellowish, juicy, crisp and sweet yet slightly tart taste, oval with 3 to 5 ridges along its length shape.
- whole pod with peduncle intact, peduncle not longer than 0.5 cm
- clean and practically free of any visible foreign matter
- free of cracked pod
- practically free of damage caused by pest affecting pulp quality
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Cut the fruit in cross section,it will appear in star shape.
- Eaten fresh, added in fruit salad, made juice, green salad desserts.
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box
Tray – prepared