- Mature-green and partially-ripe:2-3 weeks at 8-10C,90-95% Relative Humidity
- Fully ripe: 1 week at 5-8C,90-95% Relative Humidity.
Quality and Maturity :
- Have a light green skin and white flesh
- Have a taste : crunchy, sweet and slightly sour and shape is globular
- Whole firm
- free of rotting or quality deterioration and free of bruises that make it unfit for consumption
- clean and free of any visible foreign matter
Preparation Eating and Usage
- Use knife to slice the fruit lengthwise into 4-6 wise.
- Slice off the part containing seeds.
- Eaten fresh, made juice, added in fruit salad, green salad and made guava in brine.
Availability Calendar Victoria
Jan Feb Mar Apr May June July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Loose – Box
Tray – prepared